Friday, November 25, 2011

Love Banner

Banners have been all the rage for awhile, so I thought it was time I attempted one. My bedroom is done in a shabby chic look, so I wanted the banner to have a shabby, vintage feel. Inspired by some pins on pinterest by my friend Amy, I wanted to do an aqua and red color combo.  The products come from a variety of manufacturers.  I started with pre-made chipboard banners, then covered those in paper.  Then I embellished each flag, and made the paper rosettes that spell out love. I used a crop-o-dile to punch 2 holes in each one, then threaded some satin ribbon through those.  To complete the project, I added some handmade fabric flowers that my friend Bea gave to me.   I love the way it turned out, and hung it on my bedroom wall above our wedding display.





No comments: