To me, nothing says love like carrying someone's child for 9+ months...squeezing out said child...continuing to take care of said child for the rest of my life...now THAT'S LOVE!
(I should know, I did it 4 times!)
Ok, so I'm being dramatic (big surprise)...but this piece of artwork was inspired by the idea that our 4 children were created from the love of 2 people. Each of them is unique, different yet the same, part of a family unit yet strong individuals. They are pieces of me and my husband...the best pieces I think.
Valentine's is all about love, but not just romantic love. The love I have for my husband, kids, and family is the most powerful emotion I have ever experienced. They are the greatest love of all and my true Valentines.
- Start with a blank canvas (the one I used is 18 x 24") and pull out your acrylic paints and paint the background with your colors of choice.
- Use black acrylic paint to paint puzzle pieces (finally a use for those puzzles that are missing pieces! Or pick up a jigsaw puzzle at the thrift store or dollar tree)
- Use miscellaneous stamps and stamp the background.
- Print photos for the large puzzle pieces using Craft Attitude film. Just follow the instructions included in the package.
- Use a glue stick to adhere craft film to the large puzzle pieces (I used a wooden puzzle album made by Genuinely Jane Studios) You can apply Craft Attitude film to all kinds of surfaces, so take some creative license here and use what you can find. I really liked the transparent feel that came out in some of the photos when I applied it to the wood pieces.
- Make the title using miscellaneous chipboard pieces, letter stickers, and cut out letters from magazines.
- Cut hearts from book pages.
- Start arranging items on your canvas so you can compose where you want the title, photos, and puzzle pieces.
- Glue everything down, use a sharpie marker to outline items you want to highlight. You can also use the marker to draw some hearts right onto the canvas. Add embellishments of choice.
Please share your creations with me, I would LOVE to see what you create! Wishing you love this month and always!